A fresh berry sauce for your Thanksgiving table.
- 1 12 Ounce Bag, Fresh Cranberries
- 3/4 Cup Granulated White Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Water (Can Substitute Orange Juice)
- 1 Pinch Cinnamon
- Optional: Orange Zest, Cloves, Allspice
Add all of the ingredients to a medium sauce pan, and bring to a boil over medium heat, Stir occasionally.
Reduce the heat to a simmer, and continue to cook until the cranberries burst, about 12 minutes. Remove from the heat.
If you want a smoother sauce, blend the cranberries with an immersion blender or in a food processor after cooking.
Sauce will thicken as it cools. Allow it to cool to room temperature before refrigerating. Sauce will keep in the fridge for a week, or you can freeze it for up to a month.